OMG, this milk!!! Ideal for coffee! It actually froths up! The only nut milk I've made that actually froths up like a cappuccino!! It's a must if you are trying to give up dairy or are lactose intolerant (or casein intolerant)!
Cashew Nut Milk Recipe
1 Cup Raw Cashew Nuts
3 cups water
1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1-3 pitted dates (if you like it sweetened)
- Soak the cashew nuts in water with a dash of apple cider vinegar on your counter top for at least 8 hours (overnight is best)
- Drain and rinse the cashew nuts and place in your blender or food processor
- Add 1 cup of water to the cashew nuts and blend on high speed until smooth (approx 30-60 seconds)
- Add 2 more cups of water and blend again (for 30-60 seconds)
- If the milk is creamy and has no bits, you can add the cinnamon and vanilla extract and blend again for 10 seconds, otherwise use a nut milk bag or cheesecloth to seperate the milk from the nuts. If you're using a high speed blender, this shouldn't be necessary!
- Pour milk into a sealed jar and keep in the refrigerator for 3-5 days!
- Can be used in coffee, smoothies, overnight oats, chia pudding or can be drunk on it's own
- Note: If you like it sweetened, add the pitted dates at the same time as the cinnamon and vanilla extract!