7 LAYER DIP

FullSizeRender

OMG!!!  This is what I hear every time I serve this dip!!  People cannot believe the fabulous mix of ingredients and flavour!  They all just meld together into a delectable dish!!  One of my absolute favourites!!  I am so happy to share this Mexican Inspired dish with you!  I’ve been making it for years and have noticed there are many variations on Pinterest and the like, but nothing beats this one!!

You can also serve it as a salad or accompaniment to tacos, fajitas or on top of nachos!  Healthy, nutritious and really good for you!!!  Great for any occasion!

7 layer dip.jpg

2 Tomatoes, diced
1 Green Pepper, diced
1 jar Black Kalamata Olives, finely chopped
1/2 Red Onion, finely chopped
1 cup Cheddar Cheese, grated
1 Spring Onion, chopped
A bunch of Coriander to garnish

I like to use a Glass dish as you are able to see the layers!

Assemble as follows (see picture above):

Refried Beans spread on the bottom of your dish
Place Avocado and Lime juice in a bowl with a pinch of salt
and mash until quite smooth, spread evenly over the beans
Sour Cream, spread evenly
Sprinkle Cayenne Pepper over the Sour Cream
Spread the following evenly over the mixture:
Tomatoes
Green Pepper
Olives
Red Onion
Cheese
Coriander and Spring Onion

Layer upon layer! Voila!! Fiesta Time!!!

Enjoy!

15 Comments Add yours

1. Definitely going to try this – Thanks Rene

Liked by 1 person

1. Let me know what you think! X

2. Therese says:

Can’t wait to try this! Just not too sure what to do with the avo? What is the “avocado mix”?

1. Oh, forgot to say mashed and mixed with the lime juice! Thank you, will edit it now! X

2. Updated now! I didn’t post your comment if that’s ok! Please let me know what you think! X

3. Therese says:

Ignore my comment. I was looking at the email version which didn’t mention the “mashing” bit.

1. No, I wasn’t specific enough, so thanks for the feedback! X

3. Jane Moss says:

Great recipe – what do you use to dip – corn chips or similar?

Liked by 1 person

1. Yes, corn chips or any snack that’s quite firm so that you can ‘dig in’! I love Tostitos Lime Corn Chips, probably not the healthiest option, but very tasty. Otherwise you now get corn chips that look like little cups or scoops!

4. Kay Radloff says:

Will certainly be trying this. Sounds great!

Liked by 1 person

5. Riña says:

OMG it was sooooooo good and spectaculars presentation! I couldn’t get enough of it! I can’t wait to make it. I though think I would add some chopped jalapeños to the green bell peppers to give it some heat. What do you think

Liked by 1 person

1. That’s a great idea!

6. Jo O'Toole says:

Thanks Rene! Making it tonight!!

Liked by 1 person

1. Oh fantastic, let me know how it turns out!